Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Easy and Cheap Decorating with Branches - A Tutorial

I am all about making seasonal decorating easy and cheap.  I have a Lenox vase that I've had for years and have had no idea what to do with it.  It's neutral so very practical. This spring, inspired by my blooming cherry tree, I decided to get some branches and glue cardstock leaves and pink blossoms to them.  It looked fabulous! I've decided to make it a habit to seasonally change the vase.  It's fall... so guess what... I have leaves, in fall colors, hot glued to branches.

1.  First, I gathered branches, from my yard.  The best thing about this is they were free!
2.  Then, I took 6 different pieces of cardstock in Autumn colors.

3.  I found a variety of leaves in the online Silhouette store and added it to my library.
4.  I cut the leaves.
5.  I hot glued them on to the branches.
6.  I added the branches to the vase.
This was an easy, quick project.  Now, I realize that my branches are very unrealistic.  I know one branch doesn't have 6 different leaves.  I just liked the way it looked so I went with it. If you want to be my naturally correct, keep the same kinds of leaves on each separate branch.  I am already thinking about the branches for my winter vase!  Holly maybe?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back