These are super simple to create and personalized for anyone.
- A wooden clipboard (under a dollar at Walmart or a dollar at the Dollar Tree).
- Various scrapbook papers
- Scissors or a paper cutter
- Small amount of paint to match scrapbook papers (for edge of clipboard)
- Foam brush
- Mod Podge (matte or gloss, your preference)
1. Pick out the papers that you would like to decorate your clipboard with. I used three different ones.
2. Measure the clipboard and cut your papers to fit how you would like them to appear on the clipboard.
3. Paint the edges of the clipboard in a matching paint color. Allow to dry fully before moving on.
4. Apply Mod Podge to the clipboard. Take your paper that goes closest to the clip and apply it to the board. Scrape it down to get rid of any bubbles. Apply remaining pieces to the board and allow to dry.
6. Finish the clipboard with a layer of Mod Podge to the top of the papers and vinyl. Allow to completely dry.
7. Repeat this process for the back as well.
Here are the two boards that I made for Ryan's teachers. Learn from my mistake and allow the papers to dry before applying the top coat of Mod Podge. That is why I had a few bubbles show up.
There are so many nice personalized gifts you can make with clipboards. You could make your to-do lists look exceptionally pretty, or your weekly house schedule, shopping list or menu plan.