Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Breaking Out the Thanksgiving Turkey

This is a repost from last year.  I was so excited to get my Thanksgiving decorations unpacked.  This gal is one of the main reasons why.  She is so stinking cute! What do you think?

I admit it.  I LOVE other peoples' ideas.  What's more perfect than seeing what someone else made and adapting it to fit your needs?  I am so lucky to have Jill and Lesli, my blog following gals, to send me great ideas.  From time to time, I do a little craft seeking too, but I usually let them do all the research!

I want to share some of the Thanksgiving crafts I've been working on.  Most of these are inspired by others and adapted by me.  I'll definitely let you learn from my mistakes by making suggestions.  Since these are not my originals, I don't plan on including tutorials; however, if you have any questions, I will be happy to help.

Thanksgiving Turkey
This was my inspiration piece... http://undermypolkadotumbrella.blogspot.com/search/label/Thanksgiving

Here is my final project:

I did a few things differently. First, my little gal is a lot bigger I think.  I did look at her pattern, but freehanded the turkey body and feet on mdf.  So, it turned out big, but so cute!  I also blushed her cheeks with a red stamp pad. I just used a stencil brush to dab into the ink and then put it above her beak.  I painted a white stripe on the top of her beak for a little more dimension.  I also added little white dimples and white dots in the eyes, with my white paint.  I love how this turned out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back