Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Caramel Popcorn Recipe

I have fond memories as a child of going to the KarmelKorn store and getting Caramel Popcorn.  I still get it every time I go to Gatlinburg. 

Recently, my mom shared a recipe with me for Microwave Caramel Popcorn.  Oh, it is to die for!  Who knew that you could make yummy, delicious Caramel Popcorn at home and even better, in your microwave! 
I recently gave a tub of this to our Pediatrician.  She told me that someone brought them in a tin (store-bought) of popcorn and that she would be throwing it out as this Caramel Popcorn was so much better!  I loved that praise! I also love giving gifts that people truly love!

I make this throughout the year.  It is a nice treat to take to someone's home.  It can be a munchie and isn't stuck just as dessert.  Plus, it is guaranteed to be gobbled up.

WARNING:  This is highly addictive.  Don't just make one batch, you'll need two!

Caramel Popcorn Recipe

2 bags microwaved popcorn (any brand any kind)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (I used margarine once and didn’t like it as much)
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Paper grocery bag for each batch you make

Get out all necessary supplies before cooking as the process goes very quickly. Have oven mitts on hand to shake the bag as well.

Place popped popcorn into a paper grocery bag that has been sprayed with cooking spray. 

Mix all but vanilla, baking soda and popcorn in pan.  Bring to boil and allow to boil for 2 1/2 minutes.  Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda.  Stir and pour mixture over popcorn in bag.  Fold bag and shake for about 30 seconds.

 Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes and then shake for another 30 seconds.  Microwave for another 1 1/2 minutes and then shake for 30 seconds.  Shake once more and then pour on waxed paper to cool.

Store in an airtight container.  If you make two batches, make each batch separately and using a different paper grocery bag.  

Enjoy!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments:

  1. The first time I made this I had a kitchen full of people and was sharing my computer...running back and forth to look at the recipe. I didn't read the part about microwaving the popcorn again and shaking it and repeat. Well, the popcorn was good... BUT...when I noticed I hadn't followed directions, I decided to give it another try. This time the popcorn is AMAZING! Thanks for the great recipe, Jill! This is definitely gift worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to bookmark this! My husband despises microwave popcorn, but I wonder if you could not do the same thing for regular popcorn...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back