Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ground Beef Barbecue

My Mom has made this recipe since before I was born.  It is a family favorite and delicious. 

When you look at the picture or the recipe, you might think this is a recipe for Sloppy Joes. This is NOT Sloppy Joes.  It is FAR better!

Between my Mom and I we decided our best estimate on how much to use of each ingredient.  My Mom is a fantastic cook and she had taught me to cook the same way, by taste.  The key to this recipe is to taste, let simmer, taste and add to it if you need to.  The sauce should be tangy (sweet and a bit of a bite).  The recipe can be doubled and is great for feeding a crowd.  I hope you enjoy it as much as our family does!


My Mom's Ground Beef Barbecue

Half of a small onion, chopped (optional)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 pound ground beef

Brown onion and ground beef.  Add all the other ingredients and let simmer.  Serve on a hamburger bun with sweet relish.

Enjoy!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back