Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Making a Memo Board-A Tutorial

This is the board, I made for my older daughter's room. 
I started with a canvas, like a painter would use.  I had batting, fabric, fabric scissors, a needle and thread, ribbon, buttons, and a loaded staple gun.

I cut the batting to size and stapled it on the canvas.

I then wrapped the covered canvas with the fabric.  I stapled it to the wooden part of the canvas.

I laid out the ribbon and stapled it to the wooden part of the canvas. (The staple gun got a workout.)

I took a coordinating fabric and covered buttons with it.  I bought these buttons at Walmart but I think you can find them at almost all craft stores. They really help put the finishing touches on a project.

I cut strips of ribbon to make bows at the places the ribbon intersected. I made the bows by looping and sewing so the dotted ribbon would show.

I sewed the bows down.  The makes a little indention in the board to give it a "puckered" effect.

I then sewed a button in the center of each ribbon.

This is the finished board.  GraciAnn loves it.  It's a great place for her to hang things she wants to display without hurting her walls. It looks fantastic on her light pink walls and was a simple project to make!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

3 comments:

  1. I love it. I am going to have to try to make one for my daughter.
    I am a new follower. I hope you will follow me back.
    Nancy
    www.findingblessingsineverydaylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just linked to this tutorial on my blog!
    http://mygreenbraecottage.blogspot.com/2011/02/ribbon-and-more-memory-boards-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This looks great! Awesome tutorial; I can't wait to try my own (and not have to buy it in the store). I would love for you to link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

    www.youngnester.blogspot.com

    I am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back