Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

An Easy, Inexpensive, Decorative Gift

I was given a frame and asked to cut out initials with my Silhouette.  These frames were going to decorate tables, at my daughter's school's auction.  Families donated money to sponsor tables and are recognized by these "signs" that they are then given as a thank you.

They picked up these frames at Hobby Lobby.  They're really nice and inexpensive.
The opening is 4x6".

I chose two complimentary cardstock colors.  I cut the chocolate brown to the full size of the opening: 4x6".  I cut the gray to a 3x5" so there would be a half inch border around it.

I glued them together and cut the initials on my Silhouette.  I used French Script MT.

I glued the initial on to the cardstock and put it in the frame. A simple decoration and great gift.

This same idea would be great for labeling food at a fancy buffet. You could use small frames, as place card settings for weddings, or other dinner events.  The possibilities are endless!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! It looks professional - like something you would see sold at a store.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back