Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Antonia's Birthday Gift

Our sweet friend, Antonia, celebrated her fifth birthday with a princess birthday party.  Since she obviously loves princesses, and her bedroom is green and turquoise, I created a sign for her room.


I started with a scrap piece of plywood.  I painted it a lime green.

I created a stencil, on my Silhouette, using a tiara image, from the Silhouette store.  The stencil was created simply by cutting the image on the Silhouette vinyl.  It works very well.
I painted the tiara gold.

I was ready to add her name. I relied on a stencil created on my Silhouette.  This font is Waterfall.

I painted it blue.
I painted the tiara's heart pink.

I distressed the sign with my mouse sander.

I drilled holes on the top to create a hanger.

I wanted to add bling to the sign.  I used, "Glossy Acrylic" to give the heart a three dimensional, shiny appearance.  It took HOURS to dry but looked so nice when it finally did.
I added all kinds of self stick "diamonds" to the tiara. I outlined the heart with them.

I added some more here...

...and there...

It's blinging!
And the princess sign is complete.  I just wish I would have painted a couple of more coats on the gold to make the tiara more "golden".  From what I hear, Antonia likes it just the way it is.  I really do too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

8 comments:

  1. Great job on this sign! It looks like a professional made this! ;)

    I'd love if you'd link up to Sew Woodsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how very pretty love the colors and style come visit my blog at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - the color's pop and the creativity IS amazing.. LOVE it.. Found you on Made By You Monday's and officially following ya.. LOVE your posts.. So creative.. I'm twirling in ideas.. Hope you can stop by sometime - Marilyn from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sign, so bright and fun! and love the blings on it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea, little girls will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any little girl would love a sign like that. I am always so jealous at all the fantastic projects you folks with Shilloutte machines do. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back