Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fathers' Day Gifts

Last year I made some wonderful Fathers' Day gifts, for my husband.  Unfortunately, I can't share this year's plans until after Fathers' Day!


Alphamom.com had wonderful free printables. Here's the link http://alphamom.com/family-fun/holidays/diy-fathers-day-gift-superhero-craft/ It's a chance for you to incorporate the Dad's favorite things into a really neat Father's Day care package.  I encourage you to check it out. I'd love to find another site that has something similar. It was a "Super" gift!


I made a freezer paper stencilled shirt for John. I traced the girls handprints and stencilled them on.  It says, "World's Best Dad, Hands Down!" He wears it so he must like it!


I got this idea from HowDoesShe. Here's the link: http://www.howdoesshe.com/my-favorite-things-with-2x4s

This is a canvas.  I painted the background tan with purple streaks.  I traced the girls' hands on scrapbook paper, cut them out, and Mod Podged them on the canvas. Using my Silhouette, I cut out the vinyl, "No matter how big we get we will always reach for you!" and the girls' names to go by their hands.  I then hot glued two different ribbons around the edge of the canvas to frame it. It's adorable!

I also made a photo collage.  Honestly, Walgreens was running a special for a free one and a friend told me about it so I was in!  All I needed was a frame I got for around $5 at Wal Mart.

None of these gifts were expensive.  All of these gifts were so meaningful to my husband. I hope he likes the things I've got up my sleeve this year! If you've got a great idea, please share with us. It's not too late.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment:

  1. I made a shutterfly desk calendar this year it was 1/2 so 9 bucks. All pics of daddy with his boys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back