Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Shrimp and Romaine, Light and Tasty


It was 4:30 and I had to get dinner ready by 5:00.  Yep, that's right!  Our dinnertime is 5:00.  Nope, that's not my idea, it's my husbands.  If he isn't eating by 5:00 the drama kicks in.  He pretends like he's too weak to stand, complains of a headache, threatens to pass out, etc.  Please don't feel sorry for him, he's completely fine.  Anyone who thinks women are the dramatic ones hasn't witnessed John at 5:00, if he isn't eating.

The problem was, I had nothing planned. So, I hit the refrigerator and cabinet.  This is what I grabbed:

1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and devined
1 TBSP butter
1 bunch of Basil

3 plum tomatoes
2 heads of Romaine lettuce
1 purple onion
1 clove garlic
1 TBSP olive oil

1-8 ounce package of whole wheat thin spagetti

sea salt to taste

Parmesan Cheese (optional)

First, I put the salted water on to boil the pasta in.  When the water boiled, I followed the package directions to cook the pasta.  I drained the pasta and set it aside.

Then, I took a saute' pan, put it on medium high, and added olive oil.  While it was warming up, I sliced the purple onion into thin rings. When the oil was warm, I added the onions.  I squeezed a clove of garlic in the onions.  I then diced the tomatoes and added them to the mixture when the onions were caramilized.  While the mixture was cooking, I added chopped Romaine lettuce and cooked the mixture over medium heat. I salted to taste.

In another saute' pan, over medium heat, I melted the butter.  I added the shrimp and chopped basil.  I cooked them until they turned pink.

At this point the lettuce was well wilted.  I made sure the lettuce mixture was well mixed. 

Now, I was ready to assemble.  I put the pasta on the plate, added the lettuce mixture, and topped with shrimp. I served the pasta dish with parmesan cheese.

This meal was on the table in less than thirty minutes. It was delicious and healthy!  My husband never had a chance to work on his acting skills!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back