Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Yams to die for!

Do you like super simple yet delicious recipes?  I know I do!  Today, I have a family favorite of ours.  It is a great one for fall and even for Thanksgiving!

My Mom makes the best yams.   Many of my friends who came over for dinner at my parents' house while I was growing up, begged for these.  I have a few friends now, who have this on their requested list from me!  Now, I can't wait to share the recipe with you!
This picture doesn't do it justice.  These are creamy, sweet and absolutely delicious!



You will notice that these yams are circular pre-made yam patties.  You can find them in the freezer section with the other vegetables.  They either come 8 or 16 to a pack.

 There is no need to thaw the yams.  Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.  Break apart the yams and spread them out on the dish.  Top each yam with a about a tablespoon of butter. (Yeah, I know, I know, this makes them super yummy though!)

 Sprinkle cinnamon over all the yams.

 Generously top all the yams with brown sugar.  The more the better, you aren't going to mess these up! Bake at 350 until warm and bubbly (about 35-45 minutes)!

 This is how they look when they are finished!  Scoop out onto a plate and add extra sugar mixture to the top.

These will disappear quickly and become a family favorite!

Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back