Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Holiday Teacher Gifts

I was hoping to share with you the teacher gifts I gave to Ryan's teacher before today, but my to do list this week was a bit overwhelming.  I decided to do a mostly handmade Christmas.  That wouldn't have been so daunting if I didn't have to finish them by December 17 and also do a bunch of crochet orders.  I have been working myself like a dog.  Thankfully, I plan to take a break close to Christmas and afterwards.  It will be much needed.



Back to the teacher gifts. . .


The first item I made was my Chocolate Fudge.  I put it in a Christmas tin.  If you would like the recipe, you can find it here.  I make this every Christmas, usually a double or triple batch.  It disappears quickly.


Next comes the Caramel Popcorn.  This is made in the microwave with a brown grocery bag.  It is very simple to make and far better than the kind you get in the large tins.  I got a larger holiday tub from the Dollar Tree and filled it to the top with popcorn. You can find the recipe here.

I have also put it with popcorn containers also found at the Dollar Tree and packaged it like you see in the picture. This is an inexpensive gift that is always appreciated. You can read the details here.



I then made some Christmas coasters for Ryan's teacher.  I bought over 300 tiles for about 3 cents a piece last year, so I have lots of tiles to use up.  I wrapped them up with a pretty red satin ribbon.  You can find the tutorial for how to do these coasters here or how to make photo coasters here.  I sprayed them with a clear lacquer at the end to give them added durability.



The last item I made his teacher was a personalized clipboard.  She said her favorite color was red so I found some coordinating red scrapbook papers and then added her name in vinyl.  You can find the full tutorial here.

These are my tried and true gifts for teachers or anyone for that matter.  I actually made four more sets of coasters for Christmas gifts.  These ideas might be too late for you to give a teacher for Christmas, but you can always keep them ideas in mind for other times throughout the year or during teacher appreciation week.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back