Believe it or not, it was SUPER easy to make.
This is what you need for each photo holder:
2 pieces of scrapbook paper for the face of each block.
Vinyl (I used black, yellow, and silver)
3 pieces of heavy wire (approx. 8 inches each)
A Drill with a bit the correct size to drill holes, for the wire
1. First, sand the blocks smooth on all sides.
2. Then, glue the paper to the blocks, with the Mod Podge. Let it dry completely.
3. Cover the paper with a generous layer of Mod Podge and let it dry.
4. In the meantime, cut your vinyl. I used my Silhouette to cut the word "Mine" (font-Oh Photo Shoot!) and the Bee. The Bee is a graphic available from the Silhouette online store. My friend, Cassie did this project with me. She's an avid scrapbooker. She recommended we "layer" the vinyl to make the bee pop. I love the layered/multi color look.
5. When the Mod Podge is completely dry, sand the edges of the block to distress and blend the paper with the wood.
6. Stain the wood and the edges of the paper. Once again, this gives the project a blended look.
7. Once the stain is completely dry, Apply the vinyl.
8. Using wood glue, glue the two pieces of wood together.
9. Once the glue is dry, drill holes on the top of the wood. We decided on three holes on top.
10. Bend your wire pieces and insert them in your holes.
You can add photos, hearts, or gift cards. They make a perfect gift!