Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Meatball Sub Casserole

Are you ready for some pure deliciousness?  I had this casserole over the weekend and I fell in love!  I scoured the internet and came up with my own concoction that is closest to what I had this weekend.  If you love the traditional meatball sub, you will love this recipe!  My kids have a hard time eating meatball subs so this is the next best thing!

Check out this yummy goodness!


The full recipe is below, but I will take you step by step with pictures on how to make it first.

Get your supplies together:

  • Meatballs (fully cooked) of choice (Rosina's meatballs are delicious and can be found at Walmart and other grocery stores)  You can make your own, but I am lazy since these are so good.
  • 1 loaf of French or Italian Bread (cut into 1 inch sections)
  • 1 8ounce block of cream cheese softened
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 jar (28 ounces) of marinara sauce of your choosing
  • 2-3 cups of grated mozzarela cheese
Spray your casserole dish with cooking spray and lay your 1 inch french bread slices in the dish.  My dish is an 11 by 13.

Mix your cream cheese, mayonaise, italian seasoning and pepper in a medium size bowl.

Spread the cream cheese mixture over all the bread.  Place the meatballs (fully cooked) in lines over the mixture.  I used about 34 meatballs.


 Pour your marinara over the meatballs and in the spaces.  You want the sauce to seep down into the cream cheese and bread.

 Top with as much or as little cheese as you like.  I like cheese if you can't tell.  Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until fully cooked.

 Here is my finished casserole.  I was rushed to get dinner on the table or I would have cooked mine closer to 45 minutes.  I like when the top browns just a bit.  At 30 minutes the cheese was just nicely melted and the inside fully warmed.

Here is a closeup of the gooey goodness of this casserole.  Like all Italian meals, this was even better the second night.
My kids at this up, especially Anna.  She loves anything Italian.  She also loves to wear it!


Meatball Sub Casserole
  • Meatballs of choice (Rosina's meatballs are delicious and can be found at Walmart and other grocery stores)  You can make your own, but I am lazy since these are so good.
  • 1 loaf of French or Italian Bread (cut into 1 inch sections)
  • 1 8ounce block of cream cheese softened
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 jar (28 ounces) of marinara sauce of your choosing
  • 2-3 cups of grated mozzarela cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare meatballs according to package instructions.  Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray.  Place the 1-inch slices of french bread into dish.  You want your dish to be covered.  Mix cream cheese, mayo, italian seasoning and pepper.  Spread mixture over the bread.  Line meatballs evenly over bread and cream cheese mixture.  Pour marinara sauce over meatballs and bread.  Marinara will seep down into the bread.  Top with mozzarella cheese according to your preference.  Bake for 30 to 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Like all Italian dishes, this recipe is even better the second night!


Enjoy!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments:

  1. I made this tonight and it was DELISH! The only thing I changed was I used Itailian sausage and peppers sauce instead of marinara,since that is what I had on hand. Thanks so much!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great recipe! My family loved it. We threw away what was left because we didn't know how it would taste when warming up for leftovers. How do you recommend warming up for the next day?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back