Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Best Sugar Cookie Recipe!

I get absolutely giddy when my husband says he has cookies to bring home from work.  Our church secretary, Kathy M, makes the best sugar cookies! She spoils us with them for our birthdays, anniversary and Christmas.  She even made some to welcome our sweet little Anna in the world.
Our boys especially like the smiley faces!  In our house, these are a hot commodity.  My husband has even emailed or texted me pictures of him eating one at work just to make me jealous!

Kathy has made these for many years (I think 15-20 years, but I am not positive).  Anyone that has tried one is quickly addicted and begs for the recipe.  I know from experience. 

Well, the hubby arrived home today with a batch for Christmas and I began to strategically plan how to hide them from the kiddos.  I also thought of how great it would be to share the recipe (not the cookies themselves) with our blog followers. 

I got Kathy's permission and now I can share the recipe.  I hope it becomes a family favorite for you as well.  Enjoy!


The Best Sugar Cookie Recipe 

by Kathy M.


1 cup PARKAY margarin, softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 TBSP vanilla
4 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking soda

Cream margarine and sugar together.  Add eggs; mix well.  Add vanilla.  Add dry ingredients, 2 cups at a time.  Chill at least 2 hours.  Roll on floured surface about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.  Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.

Buttercream icing
1/2 cup of Crisco solid shortening
1/2 cup of butter or margarine (I use Parkay marg, here too)
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 TBSP milk
1 tsp. Vanilla

Cream shortening and margarine.  Add sugar, milk and vanilla.  Blend on medium speed until all ingredients are well mixed.  Blend an additional minute or so, until creamy.  Makes 3 cups of icing.  Freezes well.  Can be stored for a week in an airtight container in refrigerator.

Warning!:  These are highly addictive!
Enjoy!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

3 comments:

  1. I agree, these cookies are fabulous. I will have to look for a train cookie cutter for Drew. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jill she decorates them so nicely too. I'm going to a cookie swap tomorrow night. I'll bet I will have some delicious recipes to share here too. Let's get the kids together and make these over the holidays. We'll at least get some great pics and a great big mess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a great frosting job too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back