Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Handmade Gift Idea for a Child

Most kids today have a playroom stocked with toys.  When I am in need of a gift idea, I try to make something personalized and/or handmade.  I love to make kid aprons (a tutorial coming after Christmas) but I had already given these birthday girls aprons.  My wheels were spinning when I came across these adorable Art Notebooks.

I like to sew, but I am self-taught.  Plus, I hate patterns.  I usually can figure out how to make something on my own easier than following a pattern.  The above tutorial from Sutton Grace was a nice mixture of the two.

I made some changes and did things a bit differently than the tutorial.  Most young kids use crayons more than markers so I did a double crayons/marker pocket to store more.  I also sewed the sides to the back cover before sewing it all together.  This helped a bit.  Overall, this was a very straight forward item to make.  The pictures really helped.

I think the birthday girls will enjoy their gifts.  What do you think?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment:

  1. The birthday girls LOVE their art notebooks!! Exact first words from the 6-year-old, "Hey! It's a purse to carry all of my art things in! I've never had a purse to carry my art things in!" Jill you are so talented, and this blog is incredible! Thanks for the beautiful handmade gifts that we will treasure. --Faith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back