Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

When Craft Projects Fail...

I don't know about you, but when I try something new, I don't always get it perfect on the first time.  Crafting is never perfect!  If you are perfectionist, you need to relax and just try something new.  (From one perfectionist to another).  Be ready to fail at something you make.  Some of my biggest craft failures have turned into projects I liked even better.

You might be wondering why I am posting on failing at a project.  Well, I have been experimenting with some new patterns for cloches.  I needed to make one for one of our giveaway winners and the size was larger than I've been making.

I was using a different yarn than was suggested (should have been my first hint) and the appropriate crochet needle for that yarn (second mistake).

On my first attempt, I ended up with a preemie hat.  I don't think this will fit a 2 year old.  Check it out (sorry for the scary baby!)


My second attempt was just slightly bigger, but now we are just at newborn size.

I tried once more before scrapping the pattern and trying something different.  This time I used a larger needle and made some small tweaks to the pattern.  I was very pleased with the final product.  I didn't try it on the baby as it would be too large.  I also didn't try it on my 2 year old boy as his Daddy would have been really mad at me!  I will use him to model something else!

I hope our winner (Andrea S) is pleased with her cloche for her daughter! 

Please learn from and with me, try a new craft this year!  If you fail, try again or make some changes to make it better.  If you keep failing, email us, we will be happy to help!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back