It's ready for the rest of summer!
See how easily I transformed this interchangeable wreath!
Remember the adorable wreath our friend Amy created? Here are the directions: http://www.oursevendwarfs.com/2011/06/amys-post-awesome-interchangeable.html
I told her how beautiful her wreath was. I think I hinted. Okay, maybe I begged. Anyway, she made me one. YEAH! I love it and can't wait to update it for every season. It's so easy to transform.
I bought 9 flowers and 3 different scrap book papers.
I stacked the three papers together and traced the flowers on the paper. I cut them out.
I mod podged the paper on to the wooden flower.
I used my scraper to smooth it out. I let them dry for about 30 minutes.
I put a coat of mod podge on top of the flower and I let it dry.
I then added another thick coat of Mod Podge since it's going to be outdoors and used for years to come.
I made 3 clusters of 3 flowers and hot glued them together.
I added velcro to the exsisting velcro on the wreath.
I peeled off the back of the velcro so it was sticky side up. This made attaching the clusters so much easier.
I then attached the clusters to the velcro.The velcro is stuck on the back of the clusters for easy removal.
The summer wreath is now displayed!