Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Anna's Halloween Romper

The other day at Joann Fabrics, I found the best candy corn fabric.  I know, I know, I have an addiction to all things candy corn!  I bought a couple of yards to make something with one of my Whimsy Couture Patterns.

I wanted to make Anna something cute with this fabric.  I opened up my Pillowcase Romper Pattern and got started.



Let me make a confession.  I have tried sewing patterns before and bombed at them royally!  I have issue with following all the directions and not getting ahead of myself.  I love to sew by just looking at things and figuring them out.  Making clothes though isn't very easy when you just figure it out.

When I started working on this romper, I knew I had found the best patterns!  One word - PICTURES!  Denise of Whimsy Couture, provides a picture for almost every step of the pattern making.  I love this as my inability to follow directions can follow pictures and then go back and read the directions when I don't understand.  If you are new to sewing, these are the patterns for you.  Denise is very clear with how to do each step and you end up with a quality clothing piece.

Enough teasing you, let me show you what I made for Anna.
 This was an on the move picture. It is hard to tell, but the bottom of the romper is ruffled. From this pattern, I learned how to ruffle fabric (super easy, who knew?) and now I want to ruffle everything!

 I need to make her an orange flower clip for her hair.  The romper is a bit big, but since it is only a few days before Halloween, I knew she wouldn't get to wear it much.  Now, I can save it for next year and if she has a huge growth spurt it will be a capri romper.  I love girls, clothes go farther when they transition from pants to capris.

 She is saying, "Mommy please don't make me take anymore pictures!"

Here is my final product.  I think it turned out great!  I can't wait to try out some of the other sewing patterns.  I also want to get a serger now too.  To have that extra finished look would be fantastic!

Don't forget to enter the giveaway that ends Saturday, October 29!  I know I would love a free 3 pack of sewing patterns!

If you are eager to get some patterns prior to the winner being announced, check out Whimsy Couture's Pattern Shop.  Denise is offering 50% off all patterns purchased on her pattern shop till midnight on October 31.

Happy Sewing!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back