Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

BOO

Are you ready for more great decorations? Here's a really easy and inexpensive one!

You know those wooden letters you can buy at craft stores? It's so easy to transform them!

First, I picked out 3 great background papers. 

Then, I traced the letters on the paper and cut them out with an exacto knife.

I mod podged the paper on the letters. First, I just did the underside of the letters to the wooden letter.  When it was completely dry, I mod podged the top of the letters too.

Using a sanding block, I sanded the edges of the letters. I then applied stain to the letters to give it the aged look.

I then started adding details.
I tore pages from a friend's book.  She didn't mind.  The book was purposely bought to repurpose. I then used an ink pad to distress the edges of the book page.  It looks great! The tag was embellished with a book page, a scrap of scrapbook paper, and letters cut from a Cricut. They were all mod podged on. I used thread from burlap, to wrap around the letter. I also added a sprig of orange ribbon to the tag, just for a pop of color.

The cat and bats are cut from black cardstock, on the Cricut. They were mod podged on too.

Here's more of the book.  How perfect was it that I found a pumpkin and words about Halloween?
You can't see it in these pictures, but in the upper right hand corner of the green "O" there is a piece of black scalloped trim.

With my husband's help, the letters were attached to each other with wood screws.  I was going to use wood glue, and while I know that would have worked fine, when he offered to put it together, I embraced his help!

Wooden letters are so versatile and easy to use. Is anyone inspired?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back