Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Candy Corn Earflap Hat

I love how my family and friends are sending people my way who need something made.  I've actually had quite a bit of business prior to even opening my section of the etsy shop.  This makes me incredibly happy as it feeds my craft habit and allows me to make some money enjoying what I do!

My friend Heather, who I attended high school with, emailed me about making a crocheted candy corn hat for a friend of hers.  I did some research and found some sample hats and then went about making my version.  Check it out and tell me what you think.




 This was my first time making an earflap hat and I think it is a favorite of mine now!  I have always loved hats that have the snowball on top.  It makes it much more fun to wear!

Here is more of a front view.

I liked this one so much that I had to make one for my daughter as well.  I didn't get a chance to take her picture in it, so I promise I will add that later.  I like to take every chance I can to show off my precious little gal (in addition to my handsome little men)!

She has a bigger head than the child I made the other one for.  Therefore, I made the snowball larger as well.  I braided the yarn a bit differently as well.  Which do you like better, the solid color braid or the multi-color braid as seen above?

I still have enough yarn to make one or two more hats.  I am selling these precious earflap hats for $20 plus $3 shipping.  Email me at oursevendwarfs@gmail.com if you are interested.  I probably won't list this in the etsy shop since the shop won't be up and running in time for this to make it by Halloween.  I can make it in a day or two and typically shipping takes 2-3 days.  Think of that if you want the hat prior to Halloween.

I have some more holiday earflap hats in the plans.  Can't wait to show you those as well!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back