Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pablo Hat (from The Backyardigans)

My nephew loves the cartoon, The Backyardigans.  I thought my kids liked it quite a bit, but Drew surpasses their love.    His favorite character is Pablo.  I agree with him, Pablo is my favorite as well.

Since I had made him an Elmo hat that he loved, my sister asked me to try my hand at a Pablo hat.  She sent me a few examples, but I put my own spin on it.  Here is my adorable nephew, Drew in his new hat. My sister says he wears it all the time.


For those of you without little ones, or who aren't familiar with The Backyardigans.  Here is a picture of the Pablo character.

He is a royal blue and yellow penguin, who wears a beanie and overreacts a bit in stressful situations.

 Here is a closeup of the hat.  I made a smaller version of the hat for the striped beanie and then just got creative on making the spinner.

This is the back view.

I think it turned out pretty close to the what Pablo looks like.  What do you think?  Should I list this one in our Etsy store as well?  If you are interested in the pattern, I will have to work on that as I didn't writing things down as I went.  I might have to make one for Evan to get the pattern down.

I beginning to realize that my sister has much more faith in my abilities than I do.  I guess she knows that I would tell her I just can't do something if I find it too difficult.  She knows me too well though, I like a challenge!  I might fail miserably, but I would rather try and potentially be successful than not try something new.  This can also make me a bit schizophrenic in my crafting as I will drop current projects to try something new.

Thanks for the challenge Dana!  I appreciate it.  What is the next challenge?  Or do you just want me to get busy making your Christmas gift?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back