Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ava Cloche & Owl Earflap Hat

At the end of October, I got an order for two identical owl earflap hats and the Ava cloche.  I was excited to make these as I hadn't made the owl hat yet and it had been awhile since I did the Ava cloche. I think they turned out precious.  Take a look.


The hats that I made were for triplets.  They wore them for a fall picture.  I can't wait to see the pictures as I am sure they were adorable!
Here is the owl hat.  I made two of these as two of the triplets are boys. You can find the pattern from Inner Hooker here.  This is one of my favorite patterns.  I wanted to add more color to the eyes but the orange for the eyebrows might not match the clothing of the kids for the picture.  I am going to work up a couple for my boys so that you can see the difference with a few more details.

Here is the Ava Cloche that was made for the girl triplet.  I love this cloche as it is simple yet beautiful.  You can find the pattern here.  I wanted a bigger flower than the pattern called for so I tweaked flower pattern (can't remember which one I used, sorry) to make it larger.  I think this turned out really well.  I am tempted to make myself one as I think the colors work nicely together.
Here is a closeup of the flower.  I will do my best to search for which one I used for this.  Sorry!

For all the hats, I used my favorite I love this Yarn from Hobby Lobby.  The colors were Ivory and Coffee.

Both of these hats are listed in my Etsy shop if you are interested in one!  Sizes are babies to Adult!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back