Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Wedding Gifts

My husband's cousin got married back in October and I made my favorite gifts for them.  I made them a Casserole Carrier and etched the casserole dishes.  I also got them a recipe binder and made a CD of all my recipes for them to have.  Let me show them to you.



Here are the two casserole dishes that I etched.  If you haven't tried etching, it is very simple and easy to do.  You can see my tutorial for some dishes I made previously here.  Etched dishes make a wonderful gift as no one can claim your dishes when you attend a potluck when they have your name on them!


I wrapped up the large casserole dish in a casserole carrier.  You can buy a carrier at the store but they aren't the most attractive things.  I have one and it is bright blue and plastic material.  When I get some down time (yeah right) I have the material to make myself one.  The bride likes purple so I tried to find a nice fabric with shades of purple in it.  You can see my other casserole carrier here and learn all the details of making one for yourself or a gift.


The last item I gave them was a recipe binder.  I could have made my own recipe binder for them, but I just ran out of time.  Plus, Hallmark does a wonderful job with them so I just bought one.

I keep all my recipes on my computer.  That way I can easily search for them and I don't risk losing them.  When I do one of them binders, I burn a disk with all the recipes (close to 3000 total) and include it with the binder.  I've never met anyone who didn't want some tried and true recipes when they get married.

What are your favorite gifts to give for Weddings or Bridal Showers?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read far more from you. Your writing skills and how you discuss things are really impressive that makes the whole thing so intriguing and interesting.

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back