Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Cowls

I have a new fascination and love for cowls.  The problem is I haven't had time to make myself one!  I pinned a bunch of cowls on Pinterest so that I could pick the right one that I wanted to make for myself.  Well, my sister saw them and pinned her order for me.  I don't mind.  Making money is better than making something for myself right now.  I also made one for a friend.

All three of these cowls, I made before Christmas. People, I am telling you I was a crocheting fool before Christmas.  Never will I do that again!  I like to enjoy crocheting not feel like I am in mass production mode.  I felt like I was the only worker in a sweat shop!  Whew!

No matter the stress, I love the cowls that I created.  I have included the links to the patterns that I used as well.


Here is my sister, Dana, in the cowl that I made her.  It is just a smaller loop, not one that can be wrapped around a couple of times.
This is what the cowl looked like laid out flat.  I used Hobby Lobby's I love this yarn in Gray.  You can find the pattern for this Convertible cowl here.

Dana also asked me to make one for her mother-in-law, Latifa (pictured above) that she could wrap around her head.  I forgot to take a picture of this laying flat so you could see the detail.  This is very pretty and looks almost knitted.    I did this in Hobby Lobby I love this yarn in Red.

Here is a picture of the pattern writer:
You can find the pattern for the Calm cowl here.

The last cowl that I made was a couple of months before Christmas for my friend Amy's birthday.  I know she wears lots of cute scarfs so I wanted to make her a cowl.  I saw this pattern on Pinterest and fell in love with it.  

This scarf is made by repeating a crocheted wheel pattern.  It is just beautifully detailed.  I don't have a picture of Amy in the cowl as she hasn't sent me one and I won't harass her any longer.  I followed the pattern instructions and made this from Simply Soft Yarn in Gray.  I plan to make this one again but I will make it much wider so that I can easily wrap it around my neck a few times.  The original pattern seemed a bit short.  You can find more pictures and the pattern for the Chunky Circle Scarf here.

Do you have a favorite cowl pattern?  I would love to a link to it if you do.  As I said before it is a new obsession!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back