Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Blinging Up the "Love"

I "LOVE" how this turned out!
This Valentine's decoration started as an unfinished wooden sign I paid $4.99 for at Hobby Lobby.

My friend Cassie and I each made one. Here's how we transformed them...
First, I painted the front and all of the edges red.
We created a pattern for the letters tracing them onto plain paper.
We then traced the letters on the back of the patterned paper we selected.
We then used Mod Podge to attach the paper to the wood and seal it. (This is Cassie's. Her paper is a little different than mine.)
After the Mod Podge dried, we sanded the edges to distress and used a black stamp pad to blend.

We then embellished every letter differently.

I love ric rack.

We used embossing powder instead of glitter. It was so much finer and really gave us the look we liked.

This ladybug is a button I cut the back off.

You can never have enough fancy ribbon!

Another great decoration for our Valentine's Day collection!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back