Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Crumb Topped Apple Pie


It might not be apple pie time, but I wonder if there is ever a time that apple pie isn't delicious.  Today, I have a simple, yet scrumptious recipe!

I made this apple pie because I had an overabundance of apples laying around.  When you have too many apples or they are starting to go bad, this is a great way to use them up.

You can make your own pie crust or be lazy like me and buy the refrigerated kind.

Peel and slice your apples in thin slices.  I typically use my apple slicer/peeler/corer, but silly me, I already packed it for our move.  I had to use just a knife.  Boo!

Mix together 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons flour.  Pour on apples and mix till all the apples are well coated.

Pour your apples into your prepared pie crust.  I used about 4 cups of apples and it pretty much filled my pie shell.

Now for the topping:  combine 1 stick of softened butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup of flour. Mix together until crumbly.  Carefully place topping on apples.

Below is a picture of the apple pie with topping on it prior to being cooked.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.


Crumb topped Apple Pie 

Single pie crust
4-6 cups sliced apples
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons flour

Mix three above and pour into apples.  Mix until coated.  Pour in crust.

Topping
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour

Mix together until crumbly!  Carefully top pie with topping.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  This topping works great for other pies and crisps.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back