Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Shamrock TShirts-A Tutorial

These Shamrock shirts are very similar to the Valentine's Day shirts I made. http://www.oursevendwarfs.com/2011/02/new-easy-way-to-make-decorative-shirts.html
For the Shamrock design, I used my Silhouette to cut a Shamrock from cardstock. I  then used the negative for the pattern.  I traced the Shamrock onto the paper side of Lite heat bond.

I ironed the paper to the fabric.  Notice, the paper side with the tracing is what you iron and you iron the back of the fabric to the back of the paper.

I then cut out the Shamrock.

I peeled off the paper backing.

I was left with a shiny material on the back of the fabric.  When heated, this shiny material becomes the glue that bonds the fabrics together.

I ironed the Shamrock to a tshirt.

It's attached!
To give it that finished look I zig zagged stitched around the Shamrock, with my sewing machine.  This is kind of comical because I don't sew.  It actually turned out pretty well though.  It does take time but I think it looks nice and it's an inexpensive way of making a holiday shirt.
The girls' finished shirts! Now to make the bows to go with them.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back