Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Shamrock Clippies-A Tutorial

Here's another last year repost!

Happy St. Patrick's Day.  I hope you're enjoying the green around you.  I finally made the hair clips to go with my daughters' St. Patrick's Day shirts.  They were relatively easy to make. Here's a picture of one of the six clips I made.
This one has pink dots on the green ribbon.  I kind of like it.

All you need to make these clips are: a lighter, scissors, grosgrain ribbon, alligator clips, and a glue gun.

First, I cut 6 pieces of ribbon into approx. 2.5" lengths.

Using a lighter, I "melted" each edge of the ribbon, to keep it from fraying. This just takes a second and you can see the ribbon edge get a little shiny, letting you know it's done.

I hot glued 2 pieces of ribbon together making 3 "Ls".

I took the ribbon that was the over piece, and made put it under the other piece of ribbon.

I hot glued it in place.  Now it looks like a lowercase b or a foot.

I took the other piece of ribbon and wove it under, then over the first piece of ribbon.  I hot glued it on top.  It makes a heart shape. Each clippie needs three hearts.  So, repeat.  Repeat.

I then cut a piece of ribbon about 4.5 inches long. I "heated" the edges of the ribbon with the lighter.

I hot glued the ribbon to the back of the clip starting at the top.

I then hot glued the ribbon to the "mouth" of the clip.

I continued to hot glue the ribbon to the top of the clip.

I hot glued the rest of the ribbon to the inside of the clip. Only a back section is left exposed.
So, now I have three hearts, a covered clip, and a little pink bow.  It's almost ready for final assembly.

With the "mouth" of the clip down, I hot glued the first heart to the top part of the clip.

I then hot glued the other two hearts to either side.

Then I attached the bow in the middle.  I think this turned out super cute.  Now I know why my daughter calls shamrocks, "hearts". They do look like they have hearts in them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment:

  1. I love the one you made for Anna! She looks precious in it! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back