This dish is so good you'll need to have copies of the recipe on hand, to share.
- 2 lbs green seedless grapes
- 2 lbs red seedless grapes
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, to taste
- Wash and stem grapes.
- Set aside.
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, white sugar and vanilla by hand until blended.
- Stir grapes into mixture, and pour in large serving bowl.
- For topping: Combine brown sugar, and crushed pecans.
- Sprinkle over top of grapes to cover completely.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
Do you want to lighten it up a bit? Substitute nonfat vanilla yogurt for the sour cream. Then, use 1/4 cup of sugar (instead of a half) and omit the vanilla flavoring. Also, use fat free cream cheese. The outcome is still delicious and it becomes a very low fat dish (the fat only being in the pecans).