Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Adult Cloche

A few months ago, my husband's Aunt saw Anna wearing her Sunshine Hat while at a soccer game.  She mentioned that she would wear one of those if it were an adult size. 

I am always wondering about good gift ideas and this was one that I could do myself.  I stored it away in my memory and put it on my Christmas to do list.  
Now any smart and efficient person would have started on this project as soon as they thought of it.  Queen Procrastinator here did not do that.  Instead I waited till Thanksgiving to start making all my Christmas gifts.  BAD IDEA!

My homemade Christmas idea got swamped with the addition of orders from friends and etsy.  Unfortunately, this gift idea didn't make it before Christmas.  Oh well, who doesn't like an unexpected gift!  I finished this up a few days after Christmas and shipped it off for her to enjoy.

I made this out of Vanna's choice Eggplant.  This was my first time using Vanna's Choice.  It is a nice yarn that I will use again.  It isn't as soft as the I love this Yarn, but a great second.


You can find the pattern for this Floral Cloche here.  I made a tweak to the pattern by adding another double crochet row.  My first attempt at this hat wasn't quite long enough for an adult head.  I love the big flower that is attached to the hat as well.

What I like most about this hat is it can keep you warm in the winter, but is cool enough to wear in the spring or fall and it won't overheat you.

I hope that my husband's Aunt enjoys her new cloche.  I know she will look fabulous in it!

I also made one for our family friend, Ruth.  We lovingly call her Aunt Ruth as she is like one!  She didn't want the flower so I made it without one.


I will be adding this to my shop as well.  Look to see it listed in a few days.  It will be custom made with various choices of colors.

Happy Crocheting!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back