Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Tutus

I have found that I love making tutus for gifts now.  After seeing tutus in the stores, you get a flimsy little tutu that isn't all the cute and probably won't last very long.  I wanted to make very full tutus that could grow with a child.  I've now made a few tutus for Ryan's friends who've had birthdays recently.  I learned how to wrap ribbon around the waistband to make them a bit softer for wearing.  Plus it gives added embellishment to the tutus.

Check out all these new tutus. . .

 I made this tutu for GraciAnn (Shannon's oldest daughter) for her birthday.  I love the red and white tutu with the red and white polkadot ribbon.  What is nice about this ribbon is it is two-sided so I put the white side up on the waistband and then the red side up on the bow.


I made this hot pink tutu with multi-colored polka-dotted ribbon for my friend (and Shannon's friend) Lesli's daughter Zoe.  I will have to use this ribbon again as I just love all the colors in it.



The following two tutus I made for my niece Claire.  The first one is red and white with a red and white striped ribbon.  I thought this one would look cute for the Christmas holiday and also for Valentine's Day.


Here is the second one.  She loves hot pink and purple.  I made the main tutu in hot pink and did a ribbon wrapped waistband in purple ribbon with hot pink dots.

Claire loved her tutus and wore them for the rest of the afternoon.  My sister-in-law said they would be perfect as Claire was attending a birthday party tomorrow and her tutus would be a hit!

I hope to have some pictures soon of the girls in their tutus.  I ask and ask and they just forget to send me one.  No pressure though, right?



If you are interested in tutus or hats that I make, you can find them in my etsy shop.  I post all my  products (whether they are currently listed or not) on my facebook page (Jillysboutique11).  Go "like" my page.  I plan to do a giveaway soon!

These tutus will be listed by tomorrow evening!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back