Welcome!
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us a comment as we love your feedback.
See where we are partying at the bottom and on the sidebar.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Squash casserole

I belong to a wonderful produce co-op that allows me to get a laundry basket full of produce for $20.  It is the best $20 I spend!  Lately, I've had an abundance of yellow squash.  This isn't all bad as I can make one of my favorite dishes!  I hope you enjoy this recipe, I know my kids and husband sure have!







Yellow Squash Casserole Recipe


4-6 large diced yellow squash
Vegetable oil
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon Paula Deen's House seasoning, recipe follows
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 sleeve crushed Ritz butter crackers 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Saute the squash in a little vegetable oil over medium-low heat until it has completely broken down, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove excess liquid from the squash. Set aside.

Mix all ingredients together except cracker crumbs. Pour mixture into a casserole dish and top with cracker crumbs. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.

I use Paula Deen's house seasoning on a variety of dishes.  It is a great all purpose seasoning and have fabulous flavor.

House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder

Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! We read every comment and try to respond back if we can. Thank you for making us feel special with your thoughts!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back